Tour Spain and Portugal and take in all the sights (and smells and sounds and other delights) in Madrid and Salamanca, then work your way down the gorgeous Atlantic coastline of Portugal.
- Depart for Spain:
- Arrive in Madrid, Spain: Meet your tour director, check into hotel, and enjoy a delicious dinner.
- Tour Madrid: Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour with whisper headsets of the Prado Museum and visit the Plaza Colon, Plaza de España, and Royal Palace.
- Reina Sofia Museum: Officially recognized as Spain’s National Museum of 20th Century Art, The Sofia—as it is more commonly known—is home to an impressive collection from Spain’s two greatest 20th-century masters. Hosting works of both Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dalí, it’s no wonder that The Sofia has risen to such a prominent place in the world of art. Certainly, the most famous piece in the museum is Picasso’s Guernica, but in addition to this wonderful masterpiece, you’ll also find a vast library, archive, bookstore, and restaurant.
Create some of Spain’s most popular and iconic dishes and discover firsthand what makes these dishes enduring classics of Spanish cuisine.
- Salamanca: Enjoy a guided excursion of El Escorial with Whisper headset and then visit Segovia Alcazar.
Nationalist? Republican? Argue ideology in a revolutionary role-play that delves into the causes of the Spanish Civil War!
- Salamanca: Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the New Cathedral, Old Cathedral, University of Salamanca, Casa de las Conchas, and Plaza Mayor.
Immerse yourself in the art that defines the passion of Spain. Explore the meaning and compare the techniques of artists from El Greco to Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso. Enrich your knowledge of art history as you debate how these and other artists defined and shaped Spanish culture.
- Porto: Travel to Porto and enjoy a walk of the city visiting the Cathedral Santíssimo Sacramento and the Palácio da Bolsa.
- Lisbon: Travel to Lisbon and enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the Alfama quarter, Belém Tower, and Mosteiro dos Jerónimos.
- Optional Cascais & Sintra half day excursion: Head out of Lisbon to the nearby coastal town of Cascais. Once a quaint fishing village, its beautiful beaches have made it a popular vacation spot. To the north of Cascais, discover Sintra, with its 19th century Roman architecture and the Sintra Mountain range.
- Depart Lisbon for home: