Your safety is our top priority
When you travel with WorldStrides, you can rest assured knowing that we have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of your group. With more than 50 years experience, we’ve literally seen it all and have designed our programs to match the age and stage of life for all of our students. Our resources are deep and we’re ready to troubleshoot any situation. This painstaking work behind the scenes lets educators and students focus on what’s most important—learning and enjoying the experience at hand!
An arsenal of emergency support
Here’s what really sets WorldStrides apart. Ask anyone who’s had an unexpected emergency while traveling with us and they’ll tell you – we have your back every day, every hour…24/7, no matter what!
- Tour Central: Our safety and security command center! This office is staffed 24/7 by WorldStrides employees who are specially trained to handle any situation—no matter how big or how small.
- Doctors on Call: Here’s a precaution we hope you never have to use! It’s our exclusive partnership with the George Washington University Department of Emergency Medicine. Your group will have access to doctors for phone consultations should the need arise. And for groups traveling to Washington D.C., with this partnership, a doctor will even make a house call to your group.
- Adult Supervision: We’ll provide supervision that’s perfectly tuned to your groups needs. For younger travelers, that’s 24/7 support, including Night Chaperones who’ll watch the hallway at your hotel. For older students, we’ll be there to recommend a coffee shop or spring into action in an emergency – whatever you need, we’re there.
It’s all in the planning
Our 50-year safety record is unmatched in the world of educational travel. We use our experience to plan for every contingency, and we have partnerships that help us make sure we’re ready for whatever the world hands out.
- Dedicated in-house team: Our Safety and Health Department is solely focused on the job of keeping our students safe, and is ready to spring into action with plans for situations large and small.
- Partnerships: We work closely with organizations like iJet and OSAC to stay up-to-the-minute on world events, and we can work with those partners to respond in a serious situation. Dr. Sikka, Chief of Innovative Practice at the George Washington University Department of Medicine, is part of our team as Medical Director. And we have worked for many decades with the same reliable partners; our airlines, our hotel networks, and our overseas and domestic vendors are vetted and typically very experienced in working with our team.
- Worldwide network: We have more than 45 operation centers worldwide to further enhance our safety capabilities. Our local staff and local partnerships help to get real-time information that’s key to our planning and response.
- Insurance: We set the standards for medical, evacuation, and liability insurance with support that provides an extra layer of coverage for our travelers, our program leaders, and the schools with which we partner.
Emergency Contact Numbers
Our Tour Central offices is available 24 hours a day to alert us about an emergency or to find out more information about an emergency with a current traveling program. Please call these numbers only in regard to an emergency on a program that is currently traveling.