- Board Your Flight Enjoy your overnight flight to Cape Town.
WorldStrides approach to learning sets us apart! We believe that it’s not just about seeing amazing destinations, but instead getting students and teachers interacting with the people, the culture, and the actual places these incredible locations have to offer. We call this interactive focus LEAP—Learning through Exploration and Active Participation.
The academic basis for LEAP is based on Howard Gardener’s theory of multiple intelligences, the philosophy of constructivism, and the synthesis of the transmission, transaction, and transformational approaches to learning.
LEAP is designed so your students:
Are engaged and active learners.
Are challenged to think critically.
- Grow personally and intellectually.
Students learn best when they are engaged and challenged, and, in any group, a wide variety of learning styles and social skills will be represented, each deserving an opportunity to shine. LEAP was designed specifically to replace the old-fashioned lecturing style of traditional tour guides, with a dynamic, inclusive, and constructivist approach…and is just one of the many things that sets WorldStrides apart from other travel provider.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Welcome! Welcome to Cape Town, Mother City of Africa, and the Western Cape, regarded as one of the most beautiful regions in the world.
- Table Mountain Take an exhilarating cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting) for stunning views of Cape Town.
- Tour the City Later, take a bus tour through the Malay Quarter, the city center, and the Company Gardens, before visiting the Castle of Good Hope and Milnerton Lighthouse.
- LEAP Lekker Eet!
- Hout Bay Journey to Hout Bay. Opt for a boat trip to Duiker Island to see seals and sea birds (weather permitting), or stay in Hout Bay and explore the local shops.
- Add on: Duiker Island Boat Take a boat trip to Duiker Island. Observe the fur seal , birds and other marine wildlife the island is famous for.
- Cape Point Take in the spectacular rocky coastline as you travel along Chapman's Peak Drive to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Opt to ride the funicular or walk the craggy heights for stunning ocean views.
- Add on: Cape Point Funicular Take a scenic ride to the top of Cape Point. The innovative, environmentally friendly funicular, both in it's electric rail design and the fact that it is constructed entirely from South African resources, will carry you to the top where you'll experience extraordinary views from every direction. Also see the Cape Point Lighthouse.
- Boulders Beach Visit Boulders Beach to catch a glimpse of penguins before touring Kirstenbosch Gardens, one of the world's greatest botanical gardens.
- Back to Cape Town! Return to Cape Town for the night after your day of adventure.]/activity]
- Flight to Durban Fly to Durban, the Zulu Kingdom's seaside paradise, known for balmy weather, five-star hotels, luxury apartments, and idyllic views of the Indian Ocean.
- Discover Durban Take in the sights of Durban and discover an exotic mix of plazas, cathedrals, mosques, and temples set among the rippling folds of the Valley of a Thousand Hills.
- Visit Shakaland Get immersed in tribal life at Shakaland Zulu Cultural Village, an authentic recreation of the Great Royal Homestead of Shaka, King of the Zulus. See assegai-wielding warriors, share the fascinating secrets of the Sangomas, and witness tribal customs, such as dancing, spear making, and the beer-drinking ceremony.
- Slumber in Tradition Stay overnight in a traditional beehive hut equipped with modern amenities.
- Travel to Johannesburg Travel to South Africa's largest and wealthiest city, founded on the gold and diamond mining trades.
- Experience History Discover Soweto (South Western Township), the sprawling metropolis synonymous with South Africa's turbulent past, and its hopes for the future. Walk on the paths of Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu and gain insight into the struggle for liberty at Freedom Square, the Mandela Museum, and Desmond Tutu's home. Visit merchants of traditional African medicines and see an informal settlement, a typical shebeen, Winnie Mandela's house, and the Hector Peterson Memorial.
- Go Wild Visit one of South Africa's game parks, teeming with wildlife, including lions, elephants, and rhinos.
- Take in the Wildlife This evening, take an open-vehicle game drive and witness wildlife activity at nightfall.
- See African Wildlife Test your skills at spotting Africa's "Big Five" - leopard, lion, buffalo, elephant, and rhinoceros - as well as other wildlife, such as hippo, giraffe, zebra, eland, wildebeest, and antelope.
- Final Farewells... Return to Johannesburg today. Lunch will be included in place of dinner. This evening, board an overnight flight home.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.