- Early morning motorcoach departure
- Arrive in Springfield Meet your WorldStrides Course Leader and prepare for an action-packed adventure in historic Illinois.
- Oak Ridge Cemetery Experience the second-most visited cemetery in the country and final resting place for a number of notable Illinois citizens. It contains Lincoln’s Tomb – the burial ground for Abraham Lincoln, Mary Todd Lincoln, and three of their four children. It has been a National Historic Landmark since 1960.
- Veterans Memorials in Oak Ridge Cemetery Inside Oak Ridge lie memorials to Illinois veterans of World War II, in addition to the wars in Korea and Vietnam. Vigils and services occur throughout the year to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
- Old State Capitol Tour Visit the site where Abraham Lincoln and Barack Obama announced their candidacies for president of the United States.
- New Salem Village The 1831 homestead of Abraham Lincoln comes to life in this cultural interpretation center representing the era of Lincoln’s presidency.
- Lincoln’s Home & Neighborhood A National Historic Landmark, visitors see where Lincoln resided before he assumed office and the four-block district surrounding it. The entire location is preserved and managed by the National Park Service.
- Dinner and Hotel check-in
- Optional Evening Activity
Old State Capitol BuildingAbraham Lincoln BirthplaceOak Ridge CemeteryNew Salem Village
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Breakfast at hotel and hotel check-out
- Illinois State Capitol Visit an architectural achievement that is the seat of Illinois government and taller than the U.S. Capitol.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum Understand the life of Lincoln and the course of the Civil War at one of the most popular presidential museums and libraries.
- Illinois State Museum Explore a collection of exhibits dedicated to Illinois’ natural, cultural, and artistic achievements.
- Group departs for home
- Optional one-day add-ons to St. Louis are also available as part of a multi-day Springfield program. *Itineraries may be modified. Inclusions and airports may be substituted depending on your travel dates, arrival and departure times, national holidays, hours of operation in Illinois, and events beyond WorldStrides’ control. We also work closely with the Springfield Visitor’s Bureau and in accordance with current Illinois tourism guidelines.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Can students earn academic credit from their travel programs?
What’s included in the cost of the program?
How do I register for my program/trip?