Join us for a tour that includes the castles, music, dancing, and more that define the Bavarian spirit of Germany.
- Fly to Berlin: Relax and enjoy your scheduled flight from North America.
- Welcome to Berlin: Meet your Tour Director and check into hotel.
- Berlin Guided Sightseeing Tour: Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag Dome, Unter den Linden, and the Pergamon Museum. This museum is the most popular art museum in Germany and boasts famous monumental buildings, such as the Pergamon Altar and Ishtar Gate, which have been reconstructed to their original sizes within the museum. Walk up the massive stone steps to Zeus’s Altar, follow the famous Processional Way and see examples of the intricate weavings of ancient Islamic carpets.
- LEAP Ich bin ein Berliner: Step into the shoes of the people whose lives were impacted by the Berlin Wall.
- Travel to Weimar via Potsdam: Head to Potsdam to visit Sanssouci, the summer palace of Frederick the Great, an ornate Rococo style palace surrounded by lush gardens and a terraced vineyard.
Step into the shoes of the people whose lives were impacted by the Berlin Wall. Participate in a group activity that involves reciting personal accounts of the event and discussing its repercussions. Live through their experiences and gain a personal insight into Germany’s history.
- Goethe Residence Visit: Explore Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s life and works at the poet’s former residence.
- Wartburg Castle Visit: Originally built in the Middle Ages, this castle is the location where Martin Luther translated the New Testament into German.
- Travel to Rothenburg via Nuremberg: Make your way to Rothenburg with a stop to explore Nuremberg along the way.
- Nuremberg Tour Director-led Sightseeing Tour: Take a stroll through Nuremberg.
- LEAP Debate the Great: Meet six influential figures from Germany's history.
- Night Watchman’s Tour: Follow in the footsteps of Rothenburg's solitary night watchman and learn how he kept his citizens safe as he patrolled the sleeping town.
Meet six influential figures from Germany’s history. Join a debate and argue their accomplishments to decide who the greatest German is.
- Travel to Munich: Make your way to Munich, a place Germans call the "Village of a Million People."
- Munich Guided Sightseeing Tour: Discover Munich, where a local guide brings you to the Olympic stadium, the Glockenspiel, the brilliance of the miniature palace of Nymphenburg, and the impressive Frauenkirche.
- LEAP Bask in Bavarian Arts: Discover the links between traditional dance and Bavarian history.
Discover the links between traditional dance and Bavarian history. Listen to and learn Bavarian music while participating in ancient folklore storytelling. You’ll also learn (and demonstrate) a variety of traditional dance steps as taught by local experts.
- Optional Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Full Day Excursion: Explore the famous palaces of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof, both commissioned by Bavarian King Ludwig II. Nestled high in the Alps, the extravagant Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland. Within Linderhof Palace, discover many details modeled after the Palace of Versailles.
- Return to U.S.: Board your flight back home and reflect on the incredible memories you’ve created.