The route from Berlin to Munich is paved with the mighty accomplishments and picturesque terrain of a proud country that has seen—and endured—the full scale of human endeavor.
- Flight to Berlin: Relax and enjoy your scheduled flight from North America.
- Welcome to Berlin: Meet your Tour Director and check into hotel.
- Berlin Guided Sightseeing Tour: Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Unter den Linden, and the Pergamon Museum. This museum is the most popular art museum in Germany and boasts famous monumental buildings, such as the Pergamon Altar and Ishtar Gate, which have been reconstructed to their original sizes within the museum. Walk up the massive stone steps to Zeus’s Altar, follow the famous Processional Way and see examples of the intricate weavings of ancient Islamic carpets.
- LEAP Ich bin ein Berliner: Step into the shoes of the people whose lives were impacted by the Berlin Wall.
Step into the shoes of the people whose lives were impacted by the Berlin Wall. Participate in a group activity that involves reciting personal accounts of the event and discussing its repercussions. Live through their experiences and gain a personal insight into Germany’s history.
- Travel to Dresden via Potsdam: Head to Potsdam to visit Sanssouci, the summer palace of Frederick the Great, an ornate Rococo style palace surrounded by lush gardens and a terraced vineyard.
- Dresden Guided Sightseeing Tour: Explore the city of Dresden with stops at Frauenkirche, a Lutheran church originally destroyed in World War II, and Dresden Schloss, the city’s royal palace that was home to royalty for more than 400 years.
- Grunes Gewolbe: New Green Vault Visit: Discover one of the oldest museums in the world, home to a variety of jewelry, gold, and other treasures.
- Optional Meissen Half-day Excursion: Discover Meissen, home of the Gothic Meissen Cathedral, Meissen Frauenkirche, and the Albrechtsburg castle. However, Meissen is most notable for being the first location outside of China to produce high quality porcelain. Pick up a souvenir to remind you of this famous town.
- Travel to Munich via Bayreuth: Make your way to Munich with a stop to tour Bayreuth.
- Bayreuth Tour Director-led Sightseeing Tour: Bayreuth Tour Director-led Sightseeing Tour
- LEAP Debate the Great: Meet six influential figures from Germany's history.
Meet six influential figures from Germany’s history. Join a debate and argue their accomplishments to decide who the greatest German is.
- Munich Guided Sightseeing Tour: Discover Munich, where a local guide brings you to the Olympic stadium, the Glockenspiel, the brilliance of the miniature palace of Nymphenburg, and the impressive Frauenkirche.
- Dachau Concentration Camp Visit with Audio Guide: See the first Nazi concentration camp opened in Germany.
- LEAP Bask in Bavarian Arts: Discover the links between traditional dance and Bavarian history.
Discover the links between traditional dance and Bavarian history. Listen to and learn Bavarian music while participating in ancient folklore storytelling. You’ll also learn (and demonstrate) a variety of traditional dance steps as taught by local experts.
- Optional Salzburg Full-day Excursion: Discover the birthplace of Mozart and setting for The Sound of Music in Salzburg, Austria. Having one of the best-preserved city centers, it was listed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the Hohensalzburg fortress, towering over the old town.
- Return to the U.S.: Board your flight back home as you reflect on the incredible memories you’ve created.