The story of our democracy is written everyday by citizens – and especially by young people – who help to shape our future with their decisions. This pivotal Inauguration will be one of those seminal moments. Chris Wilson, director of the African American History Program at…Keep Reading
- Arrive in Washington, D.C. Meet your WorldStrides Course Leader and prepare for an action-packed adventure.
- Arlington National Cemetery Pay your respects to the hundreds of thousands of brave women and men who sacrificed their lives. Experience the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, view the Kennedy Gravesites, and pay your respects at the Space Shuttle Challenger Memorial.
- Iwo Jima Memorial Think about the inscription, “Uncommon valor was a common virtue,” while you explore this tribute to the U.S. Marines who died while serving our country.
- Pentagon Memorial Visit the memorial honoring the 184 victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks at the Pentagon.
- White House (picture stop) Take a picture standing in front of the most recognizable symbol of the Presidency.
- Washington Monument (picture stop) Snap some photos in front of the world’s tallest stone monument.
- Hotel check-in