Day 1 :
Depart North America
- Enjoy Your Overnight Flight to New Zealand:
Day 2 :
Fly to New Zealand
- Cross the International Date Line en route to 'The Land Down Under.':
Day 3 :
- Arrive in Rotorua:
Arrive in Rotorua on the morning of day three, meet your tour director, and begin exploring.
- LEAP Activity: Kia Ora:
LEAP Activity | Kia Ora
Immerse yourself in the Maori culture, New Zealand’s indigenous Polynesian people. Enjoy a full cultural evening complete with an authentic meal and an enthralling performance by the Maori.
Day 4 :
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park and Kiwi Encounter:
See native plants and wildlife at Rainbow Springs Nature Park. Experience a Kiwi Encounter – learn about this endangered bird species and observe them up close.
- Visit the Agrodome :
Rotorua's Agrodome, located in the heart of scenic farmland, offers a fun and educational world-famous show. Learn all about the various breeds of sheep of New Zealand. After the show, a visit to the Farmyard Nursery is not to be missed!
- Te Puia and Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley:
A local guide brings you to Te Puia and amazing Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley, with its active geysers, hot springs and mud pools.
- Cultural Workshop:
You'll learn about Maori traditions and art, and have the opportunity to create carvings and weavings of your own.
- Skyline Gondola Ride and Skyline Luge:
Enjoy a scenic skyline gondola ride this evening and experience a downhill adventure on the Skyline Luge.
Day 5 :
- Visit Kaingaroa Forest:
This morning you will visit the largest forest in the North Island of New Zealand. Kaingaroa Forest is a privately owned forest and one of the oldest softwood plantation forests in the world.
- Continue to Wellington this afternoon.:
Day 6 :
- Explore the Blue Mountains & Mount Victoria:
Head to the Blue Mountains today to explore Mount Victoria, a historic mountain village, and the beautiful botanic gardens.
- Visit Parliament:
Visit the Parliament of New Zealand (pending availability).
- Tour Te Papa Museum:
Tour Te Papa Museum, the national museum of New Zealand, with a local guide.
Day 7 :
- Flight to Christchurch:
Board a morning flight to Christchurch.
- International Antartic Centre:
Learn about the creatures of Antarctica at the International Antarctic Centre, including a Penguin Encounter.
- Enjoy a Snowmobile Ride this Afternoon:
Day 8 :
Kaikoura - Whale Watching
- Full Day Excursion to Kaikoura:
Take a full-day excursion to cross the farmland of North Canterbury to the coastal township of Kaikoura. Board a whale watching boat for the edge of the continental shelf.
Day 9 :
- TranzAlpine Rail Service:
Board the TranzAlpine Rail Service into the Southern Alps.
- Arthur's Pass National Park:
Stroll the beech forests of Arthur’s Pass National Park.
- Speedboat Down the Waimakariri River:
- Sheep-Shearing Demonstration:
Sip afternoon tea at the Homebush Stables and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration for a view into New Zealand culture.
Day 10 :
- Board your Flight Home to the United States.: