- Super skyride to the top of Grouse Mountain Everything that makes Vancouver great comes together at Grouse Mountain. The Skyride takes visitors on a one-mile journey to the Peak Chalet, 3,700 feet above sea level. Breathtaking panoramic views unfold of the city, ocean and surrounding mountains.
- Vancouver Harbor Dinner Cruise (optional) Sit back and experience a different view of Vancouver on one of the Harbour Cruises.
- Hotel check-in
Every Heritage Festival package includes:
- One free base travel package for every 25 packages purchased
- Positive, constructive adjudication with written and recorded comments from a panel of three nationally acclaimed adjudicators
- On-stage mini clinic
- Quality hotel accommodations
- Gift for the director and commemorative gift for each student
- Professional performance recording
- Accident, medical, and dental insurance for all travelers plus extensive liability insurance coverage for directors
- Free high school academic credit for students
- Free professional development and opportunity to earn discounted graduate credit for directors
The AIM Experience
The AIM Experience – Launching in 2017!
Affirm. Inspire. Mentor. Directors have been asking for it, and here it is! The AIM Experience is an exclusive private master-class session offered as an elective to participating groups at all Heritage Festivals. This 60-90 minute concentrated educational experience provides extra performance time and customized one-on-one instruction from one of our professional clinicians. Music directors can set the focus of the session’s content through their planning call with the instructor. Reaffirm your classroom teachings, fine tune your festival performance, or focus on a few specific skills – the choice is yours! Ask your Festival Selection Advisor about setting up your own AIM Experience!
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Vancover Aquarium (optional) Discover the amazing Vancouver Aquarium, Canada’s Pacific National Aquarium, in beautiful Stanley Park. It’s where the wild things are!
- Festival performances Festival performances run throughout the day at your event venue. After arriving at your concert venue, your group will warm up in a private rehearsal room. Each ensemble will perform for 15-minutes on stage. A panel of three adjudicators will provide written and recorded feedback for each performance. Following your performance, a select adjudicator will conduct a mini-clinic on stage with your group, providing valuable feedback and reinforcement for your classroom teachings. Groups will also have the opportunity to participate as an audience for other groups competing – giving your ensemble exposure to their peers.
- Vancouver Lookout Tower (optional) Glass elevators whisk you over 550 feet for 360-degree breathtaking views of Vancouver, the mountains and the ocean.
- Final performances Festival performances will continue throughout the morning. Your performance time will be given to you weeks before your event, so you can plan your day accordingly. Bringing more than one ensemble? No problem – our team will arrange your schedule so you can maximize your free time.
- Capilano Bridge Tour Naturally thrilling since 1889, Capilano Suspension Bridge is Vancouver’s oldest and most famous visitor attraction. The bridge spans 450 feet across and 230 feet above the Capilano River.
- Awards Ceremony at P.N.E. Playground P.N.E. Playground is the host to your exclusive Awards Ceremony, complete with rides and a picnic dinner.
- Bye, Vancouver! Depart for home, or stay an extra day or two! Our team can help you arrange travel or extra time in Vancouver.