- Hotel check In Check in to your hotel and relax. Explore San Diego before the Director’s Meeting which is held tonight.
Dec 2017-Jan 2018
Performance in the Holiday Bowl halftime show finalePerformance in the nationally televised Big Bay Balloon ParadeBattle of the Bands Field Show CompetitionAll-day pass and private awards ceremony at SeaWorld®
Your Holiday Bowl package includes:
- Performance in the Holiday Bowl halftime show
- Performance in the nationally televised Big Bay Balloon Parade
- Battle of the Bands Field Show Competition
- Holiday Bowl game tickets
- All-day pass to SeaWorld® plus private dinner, dance, and awards ceremony at SeaWorld®
- One free base package for every 50 participants
- Rehearsals with nationally renowned band directors
- Specially arranged music and CD for pre-trip rehearsals
- Director’s gift and souvenir for every participant
- Quality hotel accommodations
- Director’s preview trip summer prior to travel
- Academic credit opportunities for students and professional development for directors
- Medical, accident, and liability insurance coverage
Holiday Bowl Band Overview Video
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Big Bay Balloon Parade This morning, march in the nationally-televised Big Bay Balloon Parade through the heart of San Diego. Have some free time afterwards to visit sites like Seaport Village or Old Town San Diego.
- Rehearsal Join students, directors, and top clinicians from across the country as you rehearse for the Holiday Bowl Halftime Show.
- Holiday Bowl Kick-Off! Step out onto the field and feel the excitement as you perform at the Holiday Bowl Halftime Show.
- Holiday Bowl Battle of the Bands Strut your stuff at the Holiday Bowl Battle of the Bands marching competition! This is a great opportunity to see what other marching band programs from around the country are doing. The winner of this field show competition will perform solo at the Holiday Bowl pre-game show!
- See San Diego You have the evening free to take in the sights of San Diego. Enjoy some beach time, check out the harbor, or visit the San Diego Zoo.
- SeaWorld® & Awards Ceremony Spend the afternoon exploring SeaWorld®, and in the evening, enjoy an exclusive dinner, dance, and awards ceremony there after the park has closed to the public.
- Sight-See After a good night’s rest, enjoy San Diego a bit more before heading home!