- Enjoy your overnight flight to Austria
Depart from United States
Depart from United Stat...
Welcome to Austria!
Welcome to Austria!
Berchtesgaden-Salt Mines-Bavarian Folklore
LEAP Bask in Bavarian Arts
LEAP Bask in Bavarian A...
LEAP Debate the Great
LEAP Debate the Great
LEAP Swiss Life and Legends
LEAP Swiss Life and Leg...
Return Home to the United States
Return Home to the Unit...
LEAP Activities - our trademarked approach to learning
3 Free College Credits included with this trip
Price This Itinerary
We often offer seasonal and early registration pricing incentives on selected trips all over the world. Contact us today to find out the price for this itinerary.
We Can Help
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No problem. We can help you customize an option that works for you. Click on the button below to start.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Arrive in Vienna Begin exploring Vienna, the capital of Austria.
- Tour Vienna with a Local Guide Follow in the footsteps of the imperial Habsburgs as a local guide brings you to the Hofburg, the family's 2,600-room palace that is now home to the Vienna Boys Choir. View the Belvedere Museum and Palace and Stephansdom.
- Visit Schonbrunn Palace See where six-year-old Mozart's talent shined for Maria Theresa.
- Add On: Step Out with Strauss Step, two, three - waltz away at Vienna's famous Elmayer Dancing School and discover the nineteenth century dance trend! Master the moves and social graces of this Austrian tradition, including the handkuss and heel-click greeting.
- Cruise along the Danube (operates seasonally, April - October) Discover Europe's second-longest river, the Danube, past wooded hills and castles.
- Discover the Grand Benedictine Abbey of Melk En route to Salzburg, stop at the grand Benedictine abbey of Melk. Wonder at the Melk Cross, said to have a piece of the holy cross within its gem-encrusted structure.
- Walking Tour of Salzburg with a Local Guide Take a walk along the Salzach River as you tour the birthplace of Mozart with a local guide. Marvel at the Hohensalzburg fortress and the breathtaking arched roof of the Dom.
- Visit Berchtesgaden Admire the superb beauty of the mountain resort of Berchtesgaden.
- Explore Salt Mines Descend into a salt mine and cross a subterranean lake by boat. Learn how, in medieval times, this "white gold" gave the city its wealth.
- Tour Munich with a Local Guide A local guide shows you the Frauenkirche, the Olympic stadium, the Glockenspiel, and Nymphenburg.
- Visit Dachau Concentration Camp See the first Nazi concentration camp opened in Germany.
- LEAP Bask in Bavarian Arts Learn to dance in local style.
- Explore Neuschwanstein Castle Cross the Bavarian Alps for a visit to Neuschwanstein Castle, the fairytale and fantasy castle built by mad Bavarian King Ludwig II.
- LEAP Debate the Great
- Continue to Lucerne in Switzerland
- Walking Tour of Lucerne A walking tour includes the lion monument, the Jesuit church, Kornmarkt and Weinmarkt Squares, covered bridges, and city fortifications.
- LEAP Swiss Life and Legends
- Add On: Swiss Folklore Show Experience a traditional Swiss performance during an evening of entertainment celebrating Swiss folklore, songs and yodels.
Students traveling on a WorldStrides Perspectives program have the opportunity to earn three free college credits through our Discovery for Credit program. Students who receive college credit gain a competitive advantage on college applications, are distinguished as savvy travelers and online learners, and get a jump start on their path to successful completion of higher education. Students completing applicable coursework receive an official transcript, issued by our university partner, the University of California – San Diego. Click here for more details.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Do you offer 24-hour emergency support?