Experience Paris et les Alpes. Which France is for you? Paris, the global icon with its heaps of culture and joie de vie, or the pastoral countryside, the star model for renowned impressionist painters?
- Depart for Paris: Board your flight to France.
- Arrive in Paris: Meet your tour director and check into hotel
- Tour Paris: Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Élysées, Eiffel Tower, Les Invalides, and Notre Dame Cathedral. Enjoy the world's largest art museum, the Louvre. The museum is housed in a Medieval fortress-turned-castle so grand it's worth a tour itself. You walk through the 71-foot glass pyramid designed by I.M. Pei and added in 1989, and step into another world--one with carved ceilings, deep-set windows, and so many architectural details you could spend a week just admiring the rooms. The Mona Lisa is here, as well as the Venus de Milo and Winged Victory (the headless statue, circa 200 BC, discovered at Samothrace). The Louvre has seven different departments of paintings, prints, drawings, sculptures and antiquities. Don't miss the Egyptian collection, complete with creepy sarcophagi, or the collection of Greek ceramics, one of the largest in the world. (Please note the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays.) At the end of the day enjoy an ascent up the Eiffel Tower.
- Versailles: Take a guided excursion to Versailles and see the State Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, and Gardens of Versailles.
- Montmartre: Enjoy a tour director-led sightseeing tour of Montmartre. The steep hilly area has been associated with artists for years. The name Montmartre is attributed to the many martyrs that were tortured and killed here.
- LEAP Cover the Canvas:
This costume workshop is a lively role-play activity that puts you in the shoes of the monarchy, clergy, nobility, bourgeoisie, or peasantry to explore the issues underlying the French Revolution.
Live the artist life. Explore line, color, perspective, negative space and form, then paint a masterpiece inspired by the beauty of Paris.
- Lyon: Travel to Lyon on the TGV (Europe’s fastest train). Then enjoy a walking tour of Vieux Lyon and next visit Musee de la Civilisation Gallo Roman.
- Tour Croix-Rousse: Enjoy a walking tour of Croix-Rousse. Then visit the Musée de la Resistance. End the day traveling to Chamonix.
- Aiguille du Midi excursion: Explore the quaint Alpine village of Chamonix during a full-day excursion. Board the world's highest cable car and soar 12,000 feet to the Aiguille du Midi for exceptional views of Mont Blanc. Bask in the scenery from a site that has been dubbed "the rooftop of Europe".
- Depart for home: