Sometimes it happens — an emergency at home or a sickness can prevent a traveler from going on their trip or interrupt their tour. We hope this doesn’t happen to you, but to be protected if it does, we recommend covering your educational investment with one of our two comprehensive travel protection plans offered through Trip Mate, our third-party travel protection plan provider. In fact, four out of five WorldStrides travelers protect their tours with our travel protection plans. These two high-quality travel protection plans cover your tour investment, your belongings, and most importantly, you. (Please note: these travel protection plans are only available on international travel programs offered through only certain WorldStrides product lines.)
WorldStrides Travel Protection Plan – $149Our standard Travel Protection Plan covers you for the following events:
- Enhanced medical, injury, or dental treatment while traveling
- A traveler’s injury, sickness, or death of a family member
- Theft of passport or visas
- Flight cancellations due to strike or bad weather
Ultimate Travel Protection Plan – $249Along with providing you the same benefits as our standard Travel Protection Plan, the Ultimate Travel Protection Plan also includes a Cancel For Any Reason Benefit. With our Cancel For Any Reason Benefit, if you cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this policy, we will reimburse you for 75% of the non-refundable cancellation fees which apply to your trip, provided:
- Payment for this plan is received by WorldStrides within 14 days of your initial deposit/payment of your trip; and
- You cancel your trip 48 hours (2 days) or more before your scheduled trip departure date.
- Penalties associated with any air or other travel arrangements not provided by WorldStrides; or
- The failure of WorldStrides to provide the bargained-for travel arrangements due to cessation of operations.
The Cancel For Any Reason Waiver Benefit is provided by WorldStrides and is not an insurance benefit underwritten by Tripmate. It must be purchased at enrollment or within 14 days of your initial payment for your trip. The cost of the plan is non-refundable once selected.
HOW TO SUBMIT A CLAIM
Before you submit a claim to Trip Mate through your Travel Protection Plan, there are a few things you’ll need to have ready:
- Your Plan Number: UF380W for Travel Protection Plan or WPUF380C for the Ultimate Protection Plan
- The departure and return date of your trip
- Depending on the reason for the claim, Trip Mate may indicate further documentation is required.
Claims may be reported to Trip Mate by any of the following methods:
- Online – visit https://www.travelclaimsonline.com
- Phone – call to 1.800.888.7292 during business hours.
- Fax – 1.816.523.3379
- Mail – Trip Mate, Inc., 9225 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114
If you choose to submit your claim online, you will be prompted to enter your plan number (noted above). Make sure to only fill in the fields marked with asterisks.
Please note once finished with the online form, you must print, sign, and send it to Trip Mate.
Note: This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Travel Protection Plan Certificate or any other contract of any kind. Plan benefits, limits, and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction.
The Travel Protection Insurance Plan is underwritten by: United States Fire Insurance Company Eatontown, NJ. Benefits are administered by: Trip Mate, Inc.*, 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, Missouri, 64114, 800-888-7292 (*In CA, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency)