- Arrive in Quito Arrive in Ecuador’s capital, Quito - nestled in a long, narrow valley between the lush base of the Pichincha Volcano and the precipitous Machángara River canyon. Begin exploring!
Price This Itinerary
We often offer seasonal and early registration pricing incentives on selected trips all over the world. Contact us today to find out the price for this itinerary.
We Can Help
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No problem. We can help you customize an option that works for you. Click on the button below to start.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Church of the Society of Jesus Visit the Church of the Society of Jesus, an ornate Jesuit church with a colonial Baroque design and lush gilded altar.
- El Panecillo Examine the "Virgin of Quito" statue, sitting atop El Panecillo, a volcanic hill with an incredible view of the city.
- Equatorial Monument Stand at the place where the northern and southern hemispheres meet, see the Equatorial Monument marking the spot.
- Otavalo Otavalo is a town known for its textiles, an art the indigenous Otavalo Indians have been practicing for 400 years. Set in a valley surrounded by several volcanoes, explore the market to see the colorful textiles and learn about the rich history and culture of the area.
- LEAP Dance of the Tropics
- Fly to Isla Santa Cruz
- Galapagos Islands Tour the amazing Galapagos Islands, a "natural laboratory" 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador that prompted Charles Darwin to revolutionize scientific thinking.
- Charles Darwin Research Station Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, an organization devoted to scientific research to ensure conservation success in the Galapagos.
- Galapagos Islands Explore the Galapagos today and marvel at the extraordinary animals that inhabit the islands, including sea lions, marine and land iguanas, blue- and red-footed boobies, and Galapagos tortoises.
- South Plaza Spend the day exploring South Plaza, an island formed by volcanic eruption from the ocean floor. South Plaza is home to an abundance of animal species and fascinating plant life, specifically the prickly pear cactus. It also contains the largest population of land iguanas in the Galapagos.
- Travel back to Quito Spend a free afternoon exploring the city.
- Depart from Quito Board your flight home or opt to extend your stay!
Students traveling on a WorldStrides Perspectives program have the opportunity to earn three free college credits through our Discovery for Credit program. Students who receive college credit gain a competitive advantage on college applications, are distinguished as savvy travelers and online learners, and get a jump start on their path to successful completion of higher education. Students completing applicable coursework receive an official transcript, issued by our university partner, the University of California – San Diego. Click here for more details.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.