Day 1 :
Depart from North America
- Fly to France:
Enjoy your overnight flight to Paris.
Day 2 :
Arrive in France
- Bonjour! :
Welcome to Paris - France's 'city that never sleeps.'!
Day 3 :
Paris - Versailles
- Explore Paris with a Local Guide:
A local guide brings you to the Arc de Triomphe, the majestic Eiffel Tower, the sweeping Champs-lyses, and the gold-domed Les Invalides. Visit the inside of Notre Dame Cathedral, home of the fictional hunchback.
- Explore the Palace of Versailles:
Picture the flow of royalty through the Palace of Versailles. Explore the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Apartments and the Gardens.
- See Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower:
Tonight, enjoy breathtaking views from atop the Eiffel Tower.
LEAP Activity | Seize the Château!
A lively role-play puts you in the shoes of the monarchy, clergy, nobility, bourgeoisie, or peasantry to explore the issues underlying the French Revolution.
Day 4 :
Giverny - Louvre
- Visit Monet's Home**:
Visit the beautiful home of Impressionist Claude Monet in Giverny
- ** before April 1, Van Gogh's home at Auvers sur Oise will be substituted:
- Explore the Louvre Museum:
This afternoon, admire the incredible artwork in the Louvre Museum.
- Take a Walking Tour of Montmartre:
This evening, enjoy a walking tour of Sacre Coeur and the artists' quarter at Montmartre.
Day 5 :
Paris - Barcelona
- Fly to Barcelona:
LEAP Activity | Cover the Canvas
Live the artist’s life. Explore line, color, perspective, negative space and form, then paint a masterpiece inspired by the beauty of Paris.
Day 6 :
- See Barcelona with a Local Guide:
Explore the dark Gothic corners and bright flower-lined streets of Barcelona with a local guide.
- See the highlights of Spain's second-largest city, including the Olympic Stadium, historic Barri Gtic, Gaud's unfinished Sagrada Famlia Cathedral, Casa Mil, and Parc Gell.:
Day 7 :
- Continue Exploring Barcelona:
Enjoy the day exploring this wonderful city and visiting the Picasso Museum.
Day 8 :
Figueres - Girona
- Visit Dal's Hometown of Figueres:
Explore Figueres, the hometown of surrealist painter Salvador Dal, and visit the museum devoted to his life and work.
- Visit Girona:
Later visit the historic city of Girona and marvel at the Moorish and Roman architecture of the Arab Baths and the Passeig de la Muralla.
- Add on: Farewell Dinner in Barcelona:
Reflect on the journey you've experienced and the memories you've created over an appetizing dinner in Barcelona.
Day 9 :
Return Home to the United States
- Depart from Spain:
Board your flight home.