- Fly to Mexico Welcome to the capital city. From peaceful plazas to bustling streets, this is the quintessential Mexican experience. Begin exploring!
Price This Itinerary
We often offer seasonal and early registration pricing incentives on selected trips all over the world. Contact us today to find out the price for this itinerary.
We Can Help
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No problem. We can help you customize an option that works for you. Click on the button below to start.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- El Zocalo Your Tour Director brings you to the sights of this vibrant city: El Zocalo, the heart of Mexico City; the dramatic murals of Diego Riviera at the National Palace; the Cathedral Metropolitana; and the entertainment district of Zona Rosa. Later today, visit the National Museum of Anthropology.
- Visit to Xochimilco Opt for a hand-poled boat ride through the floating gardens of Xochimilco and see remnants of the Aztec agricultural system.
- Continue to the ancient city of Teotihuacan.
- Teotihuacan View the impressive Pyramid of the Sun, built in 100 A.D., and the Pyramid of the Moon. Feel alive as you stroll the Avenue of the Dead, where later Aztecs thought the buildings lining it were tombs built by giants.
- LEAP In Step with the Aztecs
- LEAP Tortilla Bake and Taste
- Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe This afternoon, visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Optional Ballet Folklorico Performance See an optional performance by the Ballet Folklorico.
- Board a Flight to the Yucatan Arrive in Merida and visit the Mayan Village of Santa Elena. Spend time with a local family in their home.
- LEAP Mexican School Visit!
- Continue to Uxmal Continue to Uxmal to see the remains of a remarkable Mayan city. This evening, enjoy a spectacular sound and light show. Return to Merida.
- City Center of Merida This morning, start with a visit to the center of Merida to view the austere cathedral, the Palacio Municipal and the Palacio de Gobierno.
- Chichen Itza Travel to Chichen Itza, one of the Yucatan Peninsula's best restored Mayan sites. The mystery surrounding the Mayan's astronomical calendar is explained when you see El Castillo, an actual Mayan calendar in stone. Also, view the Temple of the Warriors, the Sacred Cenote, and the Mayan ball game court, the largest in Mexico.
- Add on: Tulum and Xel-ha Excursion Enjoy an optional excursion to Tulum and Xel-ha. A walled Mayan "City of the Dawn," the ceremonial center of Tulum boasts a temple, a funeral platform, and a castle. Continue to Xel-ha, a beautiful pool located over a cave connected to the sea. Enjoy aquatic life in this natural aquarium, which is almost 6 feet deep.
- Return Home to the United States
Students traveling on a WorldStrides Perspectives program have the opportunity to earn three free college credits through our Discovery for Credit program. Students who receive college credit gain a competitive advantage on college applications, are distinguished as savvy travelers and online learners, and get a jump start on their path to successful completion of higher education. Students completing applicable coursework receive an official transcript, issued by our university partner, the University of California – San Diego. Click here for more details.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.