- Enjoy your overnight flight to Portugal
Price This Itinerary
We often offer seasonal and early registration pricing incentives on selected trips all over the world. Contact us today to find out the price for this itinerary.
We Can Help
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No problem. We can help you customize an option that works for you. Click on the button below to start.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Arrive in Lisbon Begin exploring the capital of Portugal.
- Guided Tour of Lisbon Experience Lisbon's pastel facades, black-and-white mosaic sidewalks, and medieval alleys with a local guide. Stroll through the Alfama district, the oldest section of Lisbon; visit the Castelo de Sao Jorge; see the Church of Jerónimos with the tomb of Vasco de Gama and the Monument of Discoveries. Stop for a picture in front of the Torre de Belem, an impressive tower that once defended the city and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Add On: Cascais Excursion Head out of Lisbon to the nearby coastal town of Cascais. Once a quaint fishing village, its beautiful beaches have made it a popular vacation spot.
- Visit Mérida En route to Madrid, stop in Mérida to marvel at the best-preserved Roman ruins in Spain.
- Continue to Madrid Journey to the Spanish capital and begin exploring.
- LEAP Spirit of Spain
- Add On: Casa Botín Dinner Dine on delicious Spanish cuisine at the oldest restaurant in the world, and a favorite of Ernest Hemingway.
- Explore Madrid with a Local Guide Explore the artistry and architecture of Madrid with a local guide. Sights include the Plaza Mayor, Plaza de España, Plaza Colón, and a view of the Royal Palace. Visit the renowned Prado and Reina Sofía museums.
- LEAP Cocina Española
- Guided Tour of Toledo A local guide shows you Toledo, a city as brilliant as the gold threads inlaid in its famous black jewelry. Visit the city's sword factory, the Gothic cathedral, the 12th-century Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- LEAP El Caudillo's Conquest
- LEAP Zapateando Return to Madrid and tonight, dance with the pros to the Spanish guitar.
- Board High Speed Train to Barcelona Journey from Madrid to Barcelona.
- Explore Barcelona with Tour Director Spend the evening discovering the capital of Catalonia.
- Discover Barcelona Explore Spain's second-largest city. Wonder at Gaudí's Parc Güell, the Olympic Stadium, Gaudí's unfinished Sagrada Família and the historic Barri Gòtic. Later, stroll down the Passeig de Gracia to the Casa Milà. View the Gaudí exhibit inside before climbing onto the rooftop to see the famous giant chimneys that are said to represent witches or soldiers.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Do you offer 24-hour emergency support?