- Arrival in Hawaii You're welcomed with a traditional lei greeting!
- Hanauma Bay (optional) Hanauma Bay Nature Park is one of the more popular recreational swimming, snorkeling, and picnicking areas on Oa'hu. This is the best protected cove for scuba diving or snorkeling with a diverse population of marine life and a large, rich coral reef. There is a large sandy beach and several hiking trails along coastline.
- Paradise Cove Luau (optional) Participate and learn how to play island games and crafts. Experience the Hukilau, which is the pulling of fishnets right from the ocean! Enjoy a sunset ceremony to unearth the Luau’s traditional undergroundroasted pig, a traditional Hawaiian feast, and then settle back for a Hawaiian luau show.
Every Heritage Festival package includes:
- One free base travel package for every 25 packages purchased
- Positive, constructive adjudication with written and recorded comments from a panel of three nationally acclaimed adjudicators
- On-stage mini clinic
- Quality hotel accommodations
- Gift for the director and commemorative gift for each student
- Professional performance recording
- Accident, medical, and dental insurance for all travelers plus extensive liability insurance coverage for directors
- Free high school academic credit for students
- Free professional development and opportunity to earn discounted graduate credit for directors
The AIM Experience
The AIM Experience – Launching in 2017!
Affirm. Inspire. Mentor. Directors have been asking for it, and here it is! The AIM Experience is an exclusive private master-class session offered as an elective to participating groups at all Heritage Festivals. This 60-90 minute concentrated educational experience provides extra performance time and customized one-on-one instruction from one of our professional clinicians. Music directors can set the focus of the session’s content through their planning call with the instructor. Reaffirm your classroom teachings, fine tune your festival performance, or focus on a few specific skills – the choice is yours! Ask your Festival Selection Advisor about setting up your own AIM Experience!
- Grand Circle Island Tour with Dole Plantation (optional) Explore the wonders and secrets of this beautiful island by indulging in views of the green and luscious Koolau Mountains and the crystal clear waters of Hanauma Bay. Visit renowned sites such as Diamond Head Crater, Pali Lookout, Dole Plantation, a macadamia nut farm, and many others. Journey around the island on a 120-mile narrated tour to experience the stunning and scenic views the island of Oahu has to offer.
- Hike Diamond Head (optional) Hike to the top of Hawaii’s most famous landmark Diamond Head Crater. Travel through abandoned World War II bunkers, along a darkened tunnel and up 271 stairs including a spiral staircase through a bunker to the very top for a spectacular view of Honolulu and the beautiful city of Waikiki.
- Dinner at Kapiolani Park (optional) Enjoy a catered sunset dinner at breathtaking Kapiolani Park.
- Tour of Pearl Harbor and USS Arizona Memorial Your festival package includes a tour of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial. Learn more about the historic site and the role of the famed ship on December 7, 1941. The memorial is built over the remains of the sunken USS Arizona.
- First day of festival performances Festival performances run throughout the day at your event venue. After arriving at your concert venue, your group will warm up in a private rehearsal room. Each ensemble will perform for 15-minutes on stage. A panel of three adjudicators will provide written and recorded feedback for each performance. Following your performance, a select adjudicator will conduct a mini-clinic on stage with your group, providing valuable feedback and reinforcement for your classroom teachings. Groups will also have the opportunity to participate as an audience for other groups competing – giving your ensemble exposure to their peers.
- Dinner and pooltime at your hotel
- Continue festival performances Festival performances will continue throughout the day. Your performance time will be given to you weeks before your event, so you can plan your day accordingly. Bringing more than one ensemble? No problem – our team will arrange your schedule so you can maximize your free time.
- Polynesian Cultural Center Your package includes admission to this amazing cultural park. Explore authentic villages like Fuji and Tahiti, mingle with natives, play Polynesian games, and more!
- Awards Ceremony, Buffet, and “Ha- Breath of Life” Polynesian Show Celebrate with new friends and old at your exclusive Awards Ceremony. Finish the night with "Ha - Breath of Life" – a show complete with Polynesian dance, music, and blazing fire knives, featuring over 100 Polynesian natives, special effects, animation and surround sound.
- Aloha! Depart for home, or stay an extra day or two! Our team can help you arrange travel or extra time in Hawaii.