- Hotel check-in Arrive in New Orleans, check in to your hotel, and relax.
- Director's Reception Meet your fellow Sugar Bowl coaches and instructors at the Director’s Reception.
December 2017- January 2018
Performance in the Sugar Bowl ParadeBattle of the Bands Field Show CompetitionNew Year's Eve Dinner, Dance, and Awards Ceremony
Sugar Bowl Parade Marching Band Program Inclusions
Your Sugar Bowl package includes:
- Performance in the Sugar Bowl Parade
- Participation in the Battle of the Bands field show competition
- Awards ceremony, dinner, and dance at Mardi Gras World
- Optional performances in the French Quarter
- One free base package for every 50 participants
- Rehearsals with nationally renowned band directors
- Quality hotel accommodations
- Director’s preview trip summer prior to travel
- Academic credit opportunities for students
- Professional development credit opportunities for directors
- Medical, accident, and liability insurance coverage
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Sugar Bowl Battle of the Bands Marching Field Show Competition Strut your stuff at the Sugar Bowl Battle of the Bands marching field show competition this morning! This is a great opportunity to see what other marching band programs from around the country are doing.
- Perform in the Big Easy Spend your afternoon performing in the famous French Quarter. Take it all in as you play on the Jackson Square Steps and River Walk Gazebo.
- Natchez Paddle Boat River Cruise End your day with an optional cruise on the mighty Mississippi River.
- Perform in the Sugar Bowl Parade Strut your stuff at the Sugar Bowl Parade! Work the streets of new Orleans with other bands from around the country!
- New Year’s Eve Dinner and Dance Spend your evening at your exclusive New Year’s Eve Dinner and Dance—complete with authentic Cajun cuisine, dancing, and trophies!
- Explore New Orleans After a good night’s rest, enjoy New Orleans a bit more before heading home!