- Enjoy your overnight flight to Madrid.
Price This Itinerary
We often offer seasonal and early registration pricing incentives on selected trips all over the world. Contact us today to find out the price for this itinerary.
We Can Help
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No problem. We can help you customize an option that works for you. Click on the button below to start.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Arrive in Madrid Begin exploring the vibrant capital of Spain.
- Explore Madrid with a Local Guide Join a local guide for a view of the Plaza de España, the Plaza Colón, and the Royal Palace. View Las Meninas in the Prado Museum.
- Reina Sofía Museum Learn about Picasso's Guernica in the Reina Sofía Museum.
- LEAP Cocina Española
- Explore Toledo with a Local Guide A local guide shows you Toledo, a city as brilliant as the gold threads inlaid in its famous black jewelry. Visit the Gothic Cathedral, the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, and the Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes.
- LEAP El Caudillo's Conquest
- Visit El Escorial Journey to El Escorial, Philip II's palace.
- Segovia Visit the immense Roman aqueduct in Segovia and the fairy tale castle Alcázar.
- Continue to Salamanca.
- See the Sights with a Local Guide Follow a local guide through this sunny university city. Stops include the Plaza Mayor and the aptly named Casa de las Conchas.
- Discover Spain's oldest university while walking from the ornate wood carvings of the new cathedral to the frescoes of the attached old cathedral.
- LEAP Spirit of Spain
- Travel Through Extremadura to Truijillo Travel through the stark landscape of Extremadura to Trujillo, birthplace of Pizarro, the conqueror of the Incas.
- Continue to Caceres Continue to the austere city of Caceres, whose city center is an almost intact walled Gothic town and a World Heritage site. Spend the night in Extremadura.
- See the Roman Ruins in Merida Travel south to Andalusia. En route, visit the best-preserved Roman remains in Spain at Merida.
- Continue to Seville
- Discover the City of Seville With a local guide, visit the Giralda Tower within the largest Gothic church in the world, then explore the grand Alcázar.
- LEAP ¡Ay Flamenco!
- Discover Granada with a Local Guide Explore the last Moorish city to fall to the Christian Reconquista—Granada. With a local guide, notice Islamic architecture on your way to the Alhambra fortress-palace and the Generalife Gardens.
- Explore Cordoba with a Local Guide Tour Córdoba's 1,200-year-old Mezquita, once the largest mosque in Islam. Gaze at the statue of Maimonaides, and luxuriate in the aroma of flower-accented courtyards.
- Board a High Speed Train to Barcelona
- Discover Barcelona with a Local Guide With a local guide, wonder at Gaudí's unfinished Sagrada Família, admire the Olympic Stadium, then visit the historic Barri Gòtic.
- Tour Gaudí's Casa Milà and Park Güell.
- Add on: Montserrat Journey to the Shrine of Our Lady of Montserrat, a popular pilgrimage destination outside of Barcelona. See the mysterious wish-granting Black Madonna, the Monastery, and the gorgeous basilica.
- Add on: Farewell Dinner in Barcelona Reflect on the journey you've experienced and the memories you've created over an appetizing dinner in Barcelona.
- Depart from Spain Board your flight home or extend your travels with a two-night extension to Costa Brava.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Do you offer 24-hour emergency support?