WorldStrides on Wheel of Fortune - Trip Destinations
It’s been “Teacher’s Week” on the iconic game show Wheel of Fortune, and WorldStrides has sponsored all the trips featured on the Wheel this week. So far, the teacher contestants have had the chance to win a trip to France, Costa Rica, Alaska, and Spain, each time they spun.
Curious about why we chose these destinations?
Our students love these amazing, educational places, so we know teachers will too. Here are some reasons why these are some of our favorite spots, and what the teachers will experience if they were lucky enough to win the prize:
- France – Did you know it’s believed there is only one stop sign in the entire city of Paris? All the more reason to go, go, go experience the magic that is France. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, the iconic Eiffel Tower, and…well, the list of this destination’s treasures truly goes on and on.
- Costa Rica – Despite its small size, over 25% of Costa Rica’s land is protected natural area, includes 27 national parks! This country is the most visited nation in Central America, so don’t you think a Wheel of Fortune teacher winner should get to experience it too? (And yes – this was the answer to our Tuesday night contest on social media! Good job, eagle eyes!)
- Alaska – Did you know there are more than 3 million lakes in Alaska, and over half of the world’s glaciers can be found there? America’s 50th state is one-fifth the size of the lower 48 states combined, and we think these lucky teachers should get to visit as much of it as possible!
- Spain – The Kio Towers in Madrid is often called “The Gateway to Europe,” and we’re hoping a lucky teacher will enter this gateway! Who wouldn’t want to explore the art scene in Madrid, wander the tree-lined boulevard of Las Ramblas, and indulge in the colorful street life of Barcelona? Also, tapas. Mas tapas, por favor!
- The United Kingdom – History or English teachers especially would revel in the opportunity to visit the UK! Strolling through Edinburgh Castle, gazing upon Big Ben amidst the rush of London, and delighting in the world of Shakespeare are just a few highlights on this once-in-a-lifetime tour.
Tune in tonight as “Teacher’s Week” comes to a close to see if any of the three contestants goes home with tonight’s fantastic WorldStrides experience in the United Kingdom. Check your local listings to see how you can watch us on Wheel of Fortune.