If you have been daydreaming of performing at the renowned Sydney Opera House in Australia, here’s your chance!
The High School Honors Performance Series at Sydney Opera House builds upon the heritage of the Carnegie Hall Series and challenges accomplished 9th-12th grade musicians at one of the world’s most recognized and revered performance institutions: the Concert Hall at Sydney Opera House.
Selected Finalists will spend six days in Sydney, where they will study under master conductors, experience the highlights of “the Harbour City”, and get to know other accomplished musicians from around the world.
Highlights of the 2017 6-day high school program include (tentative):
- Perform as part of the Honors Choir or Honors String Orchestra in the Honors Performance at Sydney Opera House under the direction of renowned conductors.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the world.
- Celebrate your accomplishments on a Finalist Celebration Cruise on Sydney Harbour.
- Experience the highlights of Sydney, including a day trip into the Blue Mountains and see some of Australia’s famed animal species, such as kangaroos, emus, and koalas.
Rising high school musicians are invited to submit their applications for the 2017 High School Honors Performance Series at Sydney Opera House. For additional program and application details, please visit the Sydney Performers Page.