What Do You Know About Worms?
Don’t think worms are exciting? Take a look at these facts about earthworms and all that they do for us!
- There are 4,400 different species of worms – and 2,700 different kinds of earthworms to be exact.
- In one acre of land, there can be more than a million earthworms.
- Earthworms have five hearts!
- Worms are decomposers, which are organisms that break things down into valuable nutrients that can be used by other plants and animals. Start with an old dead log or fallen leaves, and after the worms do their work you’ll haverich soil for new seedlings to grow.
- Without the help of worms, every plant and animal that died and fell to the ground would stay right where it fell. Trees, leaves, fruit, nuts, dead animals, and food would just keep piling up!