- Hotel check-in Arrive in New Orleans, check in to your hotel, and relax.
- Director's Reception Meet your fellow Sugar Bowl coaches and instructors at the Director’s Reception.
12/30/2016 - 01/03/2017
Performance in the Sugar Bowl Halftime Show FinaleBattle of the Bands Field Show CompetitionNew Year’s Eve Dinner, Dance, and Awards Ceremony
Your Sugar Bowl package includes:
- Performance in the Sugar Bowl halftime show
- Participation in the Battle of the Bands field show competition
- Awards ceremony, dinner, and dance at Mardi Gras World
- Optional performances in the French Quarter
- Game tickets for each participant
- One free base package for every 50 participants
- Rehearsals with nationally renowned band directors
- Quality hotel accommodations
- Director’s preview trip summer prior to travel
- Academic credit opportunities for students
- Professional development credit opportunities for directors
- Medical, accident, and liability insurance coverage
Sugar Bowl Band Overview Video
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Sugar Bowl Battle of the Bands Marching Field Show Competition Strut your stuff at the Sugar Bowl Battle of the Bands marching field show competition this morning! This is a great opportunity to see what other marching band programs from around the country are doing. The winner of this field show competition will roll out the American flag during the pre-game show.
- Perform in the Sugar Bowl Parade Continue to strut your stuff at the Sugar Bowl Parade! Work the streets of new Orleans with other bands from around the country!
- New Year’s Eve Dinner and Dance Spend your evening at your exclusive New Year’s Eve Dinner and Dance—complete with authentic Cajun cuisine, dancing, and trophies!
- Music Roundtable Join us a for a breakfast roundtable discussion with a celebrated music professional! This season, for the first time, you’ll have the opportunity to chat with a celebrity in your field about the newest techniques and ideas in marching band.
- First Mass Band Rehearsal Join students, directors, and top clinicians from across the U.S. as you begin rehearsing for the Sugar Bowl Halftime Show Finale.
- Navigate through New Orleans The afternoon is yours! Explore the Louisiana swamps or take a plantation tour. You can even perform in the French Quarter!
- Cruise the River (Add-on) End your night with a cruise (optional) on the mighty Mississippi River on the Natchez Paddle Boat river cruise.
- Final Halftime Show Dress Rehearsal Participate in one last rehearsal at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with the entire show cast of marching bands, dancers, cheerleaders, color guard, etc.!
- Game Day Fun Enjoy the game day festivities as New Orleans transforms into the battleground of one of college football’s most anticipated matchups. You even have the opportunity to perform in Champions Square, an outdoor amphitheater next to the Superdome!
- Sugar Bowl Kick-Off! The winning field show marching band rolls out the American flag during the pre-game show!
- Explore New Orleans After a good night’s rest, enjoy New Orleans a bit more before heading home!