To register online, select trip identification number (Trip ID) or user name and password depending on the login information you were supplied.
Manage your trip, your account, your payments, access your academic coursework, or submit a review for a program you’ve just completed. Just select the option below that applies to you.
- Depart for South Africa:
- Arrive in Cape Town, South Africa: Meet your tour director and check into hotel. Then take a cable car to Table Mountain (weather permitting). Afterward you'll have the opportunity to explore Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Cape Town Local School: You'll have morning orientation before heading off to participate in community support activities and interaction with the local school children. Learn to drum with a local marimba band and later visit with local high school students and play a game of soccer. Enjoy participating in the LEAP activity Lekker Eet! Discover the secrets of South African cuisine when you prepare a traditional local lunch (included in place of dinner). Then enjoy a Masiphumelele bike tour.
Discover the secrets of South African cuisine when you prepare a traditional local lunch.
- Local Service Learning: Continue community support activities from the previous day.
- Cape Peninsula: Then enjoy a tour of the beautiful Cape Peninsula. Explore Boulder’s Beach and see the African penguins in their natural habitat. For those who are brave enough, you can even get into the cold waters for a swim! Then take a scenic drive along the coast to visit Africa's most south-westerly point where the cold Benguela current of the Atlantic Ocean and the warm Agulhas Current of the Indian Ocean merge. Situated in Table Mountain National Park, a natural World Heritage Site, you will be treated to stunning views over the two oceans from a steep sea cliff.
- Cape Town Local School: Continue community support activities from previous day.
- Robben Island Excursion: This afternoon take a ferry tour to Robben Island. After serving as a place of isolation and imprisonment for hundreds of years, today Robben Island is a World Heritage Site. Many renowned men and women, including South Africa's first democratic President, Nelson Mandela, were imprisoned here on the island. This trip gives you a glimpse into the dark and sad history of this wonderful nation. Tour the prison where Nelson Mandela spent most of his 27 year sentence, then visit the Robben Island Museum.
- Tour Cape Town: Visit the District 6 Museum and then explore the Company Gardens, a large public park and botanical garden set in the heart of Cape Town, home to a rose garden, Japanese garden, fish pond and aviary. Enjoy some time shopping at Greenmarket Square.
- Fly to Johannesburg: Fly to Johannesburg and head to Soweto, a city developed as a township for black people under the apartheid system. Most of the struggle against apartheid was fought in and from Soweto. The name Soweto is an acronym, made up - in apartheid days - from the first letters of the words “south western township”. In Soweto, you'll also have the opportunity to visit the Mandela House and the Hector Pieterson Memorial.
- Lesedi Cultural Village: Stomping, drums, spears, singing -- experience the power of traditional Zulu dance and song, used to celebrate the hunt, marriage, or other special occasions. Or travel through a Xhosa community, where the click-based language echoes the Khoisan ("Bushmen") language of their historical neighbors. The Lesedi Cultural Village takes you through South Africa's mix of unique native cultures with villages, dance performances, and a feast that includes food from around the country.
- Guided tour of local ethnic homesteads: Take a guided tour of the other four ethnic homesteads, Zulu, Basotho, Xhosa and Pedi.
- Traditional Feast: Travel to Rustenburg and as the sun sets over the African bush, participate in traditional singing and dancing before savoring “The Greatest African Feast!”
- Travel to Pilansberg: Travel to Pilanesberg National Park and experience an unforgettable evening game drive. Then you'll have the opportunity to spend the night in a game lodge.
- Chameleon Village: Take an early morning game drive. Then visit the local craft center at Chameleon Village before boarding an overnight flight home.
- Arrive home from your overnight flight:
DID YOU KNOW?