- Flight to Accra Enjoy a full meal service on your wide bodied flight to Accra.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Meet Your Guide Upon arrival at the Kotoka International Airport, where your tour manger/guide will meet the group for a transfer to the hotel. Enjoy a welcome dinner to cultural performance.
- Accra City Tour This morning we will enjoy an Accra City Tour. This will include a drive by the Osu Castle (Christiansborg), which was originally built by the Danes. Then drive by the Independence square to the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum (the final resting place of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and also contains personal items like books, pictures, etc of Ghana’s first President).
- Ussher Fort and James Fort Also visit the other two surviving European Forts in Accra: The Ussher Fort (Fort Crevecoeur), built by the Dutch and the James Fort, built by the Portuguese.
- National Museum & W.E.B. Dubois Center Our day continues with a trip to the National Museum, the W.E.B. Dubois Centre for Pan Africanism and the Diaspora African Forum (DAF). We will end the day with a visit to the School of Performing Arts for an African Music and Dance Performance.
- KNUST Today we set off for the Ashanti Region. On arrival we visit the K.N. University of Science and Technology(KNUST) for a short tour of the campus, which will include a visit to the it’s College of Arts and Social Science.
- Kumasi Cultural Center Continue trip to the Kumasi Cultural Centre, which offers a good account of the rich Ghanaian culture and provides evidence of the Asante Kingdom's eminent past. It also houses the Prempeh II Jubilee museum with a fascinating collection of Ashante history such as memorabilia of Okomfo Anokye. Group will have lessons in some cultural Drumming and Dancing.
- Manhyia Palace Museum We start the day with a visit to the Manhyia Palace Museum, the seat of the Ashanti Kingdom.
- Kumasi Fort and Military Museum Also visit the Kumasi Fort and Military Museum, which houses equipment used in the British-Asante war of 1900, WWII and Ghana’s military history. Our day continues in Ntonso, a village famous for adinkra design. We will learn the process of Adinkra printing from a Master.
- Adanwomase We end the day at Adanwomase (Kente), where we interact with locals and learn about the art and history of the craft and finally participate in a naming ceremony.
- Java Museum and the Elmina After breakfast, we depart for the Central Region with a stopover at Assin Manso, where slaves were kept, had a last bath in the "Donko Nsuo" before shipment to the New World. Upon arrival, we visit the Java Museum and the Elmina Castle.
- Guided Tour of Elmina In the late afternoon, we will experience a Guided Tour through the ancient town of Elmina, the harbor with its colorful fishing canoes and the fish market.
- Asafo Shrines This will include a visit to the Asafo Shrines, where warriors prepared mentally and spiritually before going to war.
- Cultural Centre Next we visit Gramophone Records Museum at the Cultural Centre before witnessing a cultural drum and dance performance. Group participation is encouraged.
- Kakum National Park Today we will visit the Kakum National Park comprising of undisturbed virgin rainforest. Avisit to the park gives an excellent walking tour on the canopy walkway the longest and highest of its kind in West Africa. We make a brief stopover at Hans Botel, a resort partly built on stilts on a river with crocodiles, lots of bird life and monkeys.
- West African Historical Museum Also visit the Cape Coast Castle, declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site and its West African Historical Museum. Return to Accra with a stopover at Anomabo, the birth place of George Ekem Ferguson, a renowned Surveyor who fought against the slave trade and helped in mapping out the routes used by the slave traders, an action which resulted in his death in Wa in 1897, where he was buried. It is also the ancestral home of Louis Armstrong.
- Return Flight Home If time permits, we visit the Arts Centre for National Culture, the African Market, Global Mamas and the Artists Alliance Art Gallery for last minute shopping. Check into the airport for departure.