Day 1 :
Depart from United States
- Enjoy your flight to Peru!:
Day 2 :
- Tour Lima with a Local Guide:
Discover the "City of the Kings" and see the cathedral, the Plaza de Armas, the Church of San Francisco, and the Presidential Palace.
- Explore the Larco Museum:
See its private collection of over 45,000 pieces of craftsmanship, showcasing 4,000 years of Peruvian history. Lunch is included in place of dinner today.
Day 3 :
- Visit a Children´s Group Home:
Today you will visit a children's group home to spend time with the children who live there. Today, lunch will be included at the home in place of dinner.
Day 4 :
- Fly to Cuzco:
This morning, arrive in Cuzco, the historic capital and heart of the Inca Empire. Take in the sights of the city and surrounding areas, including the Korikancha temple.
Day 5 :
- Continue to Explore Cuzco:
Discover the ruins of Sacsayhuamán, and the Inca baths of Tampu Machay.
- LEAP Pago a la Tierra:
LEAP Activity | Pago a la Tierra
Discover ancient Incan rituals in one of the oldest traditions in the Andean World. With the help of Paqo, a wise man, participants ‘pay’ Mother Earth for everything she provides by gathering up and offering her a package filled with earthly gifts. The goddess is whimsical and the purpose of this ritual is to please her.
Day 6 :
- Visit Pisac and Ollantaytambo:
Continue your journey along the Inca Trail with an excursion to the towns of Pisac and Ollantaytambo in the valley of the Urubamba. Explore the fortress of Ollantay. Named for the Inca chieftain who once ruled the area, it was the only site in the Americas to successfully withstand the Spanish invasion! Lunch is included in place of dinner today.
- LEAP Peruvian School Visit:
LEAP Activity | Peruvian School Visit
Visit a Peruvian school to meet the students, learn about their culture, and discover the differences between the schools in Peru and the schools back home.
Day 7 :
- Lend a hand in a farming community and get to know the villagers. You will be able to make a difference by visiting with local children, helping community support activities, and participating in environmental projects.:
Day 8 :
- Continue your immersion experience as you spend the day participating in community support, environmental projects and cultural activities. :
Day 9 :
- Discover Machu Picchu:
Travel through the Sacred Valley for a full-day excursion to Peru's most famous destination, the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu. Set on a mountaintop, deep in the jungle, Machu Picchu remained unknown to the outside world until 1911. Lunch is included in place of dinner today.
Day 10 :
- Enjoy a Farewell Dinner:
Fly back to Lima this morning and for a farewell dinner in the capital. Then board an evening flight back to the United States.
Day 11 :
Arrive Home in the United States