- Arrive San José Our Tour Director will meet us at the airport. Our private coach will be waiting to transfer us to our hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica. [activity title="Hotel Check In"]Our accommodation for the next three night(s) will be in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- San José City Tour
- National Theatre The National Theatre stood as a cultural asset of the country during a time when coffee exports were a source of its success. It presents high quality performances, with artistic criteria being very high.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Museo del Oro The museum has a substantial collection of over 1600 artifacts of Pre-Columbian gold dating back to AD 500.The collection includes Costa Rica's first coin, the Media Escudo which was minted in 1825, animal (notably frog) figurines, amulets, earrings, erotic statuettes and El Guerrero, a life sized gold warrior figure adorned with gold ornaments in a glass case.
- Museo Nacional It is the national museum of Costa Rica. The fortress was built in 1917 and was originally a military barracks: the exterior walls still have many bullets lodged in them from the country's 1948 civil war. It became the site of the museum in 1950.
- First Concert Performance Your first concert performance will be today.
- INBio (National Biodiversity Institute) Description
- Title The National Biodiversity Institute (INBio) of Costa Rica is a private research and biodiversity management center, established in 1989 to support all efforts made to gather knowledge on the country’s biological diversity and promote its sustainable use. The institute works under the premise that the best way to conserve biodiversity is to study it, value it, and utilize the opportunities it offers to improve the quality of life of human beings.
- Aerial Tram Tour Enjoy an Aerial Tram Tour through one of Costa Rica’s most unique eco-tourism and research facilities. Travel through the rain forest canopy and view the details of everyday life in the treetops, where 75% of all rain forest species dwell.
- second Concert Performance Your second concert performance will be today.
- Poás Volcano National Park Visit the Poás Volcano National Park. Poás is an andesitic-basaltic strata-volcano 8,000ft high. It has the biggest geyser in the world and is impressively beautiful.
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens Visit La Paz Waterfall Gardens and view the Butterfly Garden, featuring a variety of species and an excellent learning center.
- Boat Tour of the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge Enjoy a Boat Tour of the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge (lunch included). Board a riverboat (with shading) and meander along the river to view wildlife in one of Costa Rica’s most spectacular wildlife refuges. During the tour, look out for long-nosed bats, turtles, basiliscus lizards, herons, storks, as well as howler and white-faced capuchin monkeys.
- Eco-Termales Hot Springs Visit the Eco-Termales Hot Springs and take the opportunity to submerge yourself in the natural medicinal waters. The springs include several pools of varying temperatures, all surrounded by nature.
- Areñal Volcano Travel around Areñal Volcano to a viewing spot where, if we are lucky, we will witness the Areñal Volcano hiss and spray lava.
- Third Concert Performance Your concert performance is today in the Arenal Area.
- Title On our way back to San Jose, we will stop in Zarcero to see the menagerie of shrubs. This menagerie of sculpted shrubs includes a monkey on a motorcycle, people and animals dancing, an ox pulling a cart, a man wearing a top hat, and a large elephant.
- Grecia World of Snakes Founded in 1994, Grecia's World of Snakes incorporates a zoological garden, professional breeding center and research park. The project is most famous for its serpentarium, which covers 18,000 square feet and houses more than 50 snake species – at least one from each major family, including vipers, colubrids, elapids, and giant snakes. The zoological garden is also home to crocodiles, lizards and several amphibian species.
- Farewell Dinner The Tiquicia Restaurant is a favorite amongst many! This restaurant overlooks the Central Valley leaving visitors with breathtaking photos! Tiquicia incorporated the historical Costa Rica with a modern touch creating a unique dining experience. Visitors love the local cuisines offered at Tiquicia, making the atmosphere full of local tradition!
- Departure from San José Our rewarding trip comes to an end as we prepare to fly home.