- Flight to Moscow Enjoy full meal service on your scheduled wide-bodied flight to Moscow.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Meet Your Guide Moscow dates from 1147 and is now the political, economic and cultural centre of Russia. We will be met by our guide who will accompany us to our hotel.
- City Tour Our City Tour will introduce us to Red Square, the Kremlin, the Bolshoi Theatre and St. Basil's Cathedral with its striking colorful domes. We will view a sweeping panorama of Moscow from the Lenin Hills and admire the artists at the Novodevichy Convent before continuing to the Lenin Museum.
- Kremlin Our day will start in the vast Red Square where we will view the Lenin Mausoleum. We will tour the Kremlin and see an array of brightly colored historic buildings including magnificent gold and silver domed cathedrals.
- GUM Department Store We will visit the famous GUM Department Store before travelling on the world's most attractive underground railway system where stations resemble miniature palaces.
- Circus In the evening we will make a Circus (or theatre) visit.
- School Visit In the morning we will make a School Visit which will enable us to compare our contrasting education systems. This is subject to the Russian schools schedules.
- Arbat Street & Kalinin Prospekt A walk along Arbat Street and Kalinin Prospekt will enable us to contrast old and new Moscow in close juxtaposition.
- Train to St. Petersburg We will journey to St. Petersburg on the overnight train.
- St. Petersburg St. Petersburg was founded in 1703 by Peter the Great. There are few cities that can match the grace and sheer poetry of St. Petersburg's cityscape. On our introductory tour we will see the Palace Square and Winter Palace, the Admiralty, St. Isaac's Cathedral, the famous statue of Peter the Great and the permanently moored Aurora cruiser which fired the shot that signaled the start of the 1917 Revolution.
- Peter and Paul Fortress We will continue to the Peter and Paul For-tress containing the Baroque decorated cathedral, for years the burial place of the Russian Czars.
- Winter's Palace Our day will begin at the Winter Palace which houses the Hermitage, possibly the finest collection of art treasures in the world. Among the dazzling exhibits are works by Rembrandt, Leonardo da Vinci and one of the largest displays of Impressionist paintings outside France.
- Piskaryovskoye Cemetery We will also visit the Piskaryovskoye Cemetery, an impressive memorial to the 1941-43 siege of Leningrad during World War Two.
- Petrodvorets We will make a half day excursion through the interesting Russian countryside to Petrodvorets, the Summer Palace of Peter the Great. We will admire its famous parks, gilded fountains and the palace building before returning to St. Petersburg.
- Nevsky Prospekt We will take the opportunity for some shopping on our final day in Russia when we walk along the Nevsky Prospekt. This is St Petersburg's oldest and most beautiful street where shops and cafes intermingle with splendid historic buildings.
- Fly Home Your enjoyable and rewarding tour will come to an end as your guide accompanies you to the airport for the return flight home.