- Flight to Bucharest Enjoy full meal service on your scheduled wide-bodied flight to Bucharest.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Meet Your Tour Director We will be met at the airport by your WorldStrides Tour Director where we board our own private coach and are transferred to our hotel in Brasov, one of the largest and most cherished cities of the country. Surrounded on three sides by the Carpathian Mountains it was a perfect place for a medieval settlement. The old city, founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1211, is one of the best preserved cities in all of Europe Upon arrival your tour guide will be please to take you on some introductory sightseeing in the area.
- Guided Walking Tour This morning we will take a Guided Walking Tour of The Council Square (Piata Sfatului), known as the heart of the old medieval Brasov. Lined with beautiful red-roofed merchant houses, the square is one of the finest in the country. The buildings recall the region's German heritage.
- Black Church Around the square you'll find some of the smaller landmarks: the Renaissance style Hirscher House or Merchant's, the beautiful entrance to the Orthodox cathedral and the most famous landmark, the Black Church. It’s the largest Gothic church between Vienna and Istanbul and towers over the old town. Originally dedicated to Virgin Mary, the church was Roman-Catholic for more than a century and a half and later with the reformation sweeping across Europe it became Lutheran. This evening we will attend traditional show & dinner.
- Sighisoara Today we head towards the Alsoboldofava Area; on the way, we will visit the fortress in Feldioara and the medieval town of Sighisoara (the Old Church, the Tower Clock; the “covered stairs”); lunch at the “Vlad the Impaller’s House”.
- Sightseeing Tour of Cluj Napoca This morning we leave for Cluj Napoca (100 km). Cluj Napoca is a beautiful city situated in the Somesul Mic River Valley in Romania. Originally founded in 1213, there have been inhabitants in this area since the pre-Roman times. It is considered the unofficial capital of the historic area of Transylvania. It is the second largest city in Romania, and serves as a very important academic, cultural, business, and industrial centre. Sightseeing Tour of Cluj Napoca on arrival.
- Leisure Day Today will be yours at leisure in Cluj Napoca.
- Margaret Island Breakfast and departure to Budapest. Our journey takes us into Hungary to Budapest. Often described as `Little Paris' this elegant city has lovingly preserved its magnificent historic buildings to retain its nostalgic `turn of the century' atmosphere. Our guide will accompany you on an evening walk to Margaret Island on the River Danube.
- City Tour - Matthias Church Budapest comprises two cities, Buda and Pest, nestling on either side of the magnificent Danube. Our City Tour will introduce us to the huge Baroque Houses of Parliament and the Matthias Church where generations of Hungarian Kings were crowned. We will also view the Chain Bridge, Opera House, Fishermen's Bastion, the castle of Bude and admire a breathtaking panorama from Mt. Gellert. Today we will have our second concert performance.
- Heroes’ Square Our morning commences in Heroes’ Square in Varosliget, or City Park, where we will view the Millennium Monument, built in 1896 to commemorate the 1000-year anniversary of Hungary’s history.
- Museum of Fine Arts Wecontinuewithavisitto the Museum of Fine Arts, housed in a spectacular building with an eight-pillared portico supporting a tympanum copied from the Temple of Zeus at Olympia, Greece. The museum’s collection includes works by Durer, Holbein, Cranach, Brueghel, Rembrandt, Hals, Vermeer, Rubens, Raphael, Titian, Veronese, Tintoretto, El Greco, Velazquez, Goya, Poussin, Pissaro, Gauguin, Manet, and Picasso.
- Baths at Szechenyi No trip to Budapest would be complete without a visit to at least one of Budapest’s many mineral baths and swimming complexes.
- Return Flight Home Your once in a lifetime tour to Eastern Europe will come to an end as your guide accompanies you to the airport for the return flight home.