- Arrive in Tampa, FL Meet your WorldStrides representative and get ready for your action-packed adventure in Florida.
- Hotel check-in
- Orientation Meet your Course Leader for a team-building activity and learn about the exciting activities and hands-on learning experiences you are about to enjoy.
- Pizza dinner and pool party
Crystal Springs PerserveRainbow RiverHomosassa Springs State ParkTampa's Lowry ParkBusch Gardens
Take a look inside our Florida—Habitat H2O travel programs!
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Crystal Springs Preserve Enjoy exclusive access to this incredible nature preserve, which is closed to the public. Dipnet in shallow river water to identify a range of aquatic specimens, hike the preserve and spot amazing wildlife, snorkel in the natural spring’s fresh waters, and conduct a tree restoration to help conserve this protected habitat.
- Tampa’s Lowry Park Explore naturalistic Florida exhibits in this top-rated zoological park. Discover the wetlands through fun and interactive activities including a scavenger hunt, experiments, and up-close encounters with animals native to the region. You will also visit a world-class hospital where Florida’s sick and injured manatees are treated.
- American Pro Dive Shop Get outfitted with snorkel gear and receive a lesson in snorkel safety from expert divers.
- Crystal River: Snorkel with the Manatees Board a pontoon boat and navigate the Crystal River in search of manatees. Your guide will educate you on the history and conservation of the endangered manatee.
- Slip into the water for a up-close encounter as these gentle giants swim close-by.
- Rainbow River Discover abundant wildlife as you swim to the bottom of the crystal-clear water in search of prehistoric sharks’ teeth, which are being released as the underground limestone caverns erode.
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park View endemic species, including American alligators, river otters, and bobcats. Descend into an underwater observatory to photograph West Indian manatees up close.
- Return to hotel
- Island Adventures Explore one of Florida’s most popular beaches at Fort DeSoto State Park. Participate in a shark dissection, kayak through the mangroves, and participate in a coastal clean-up on the beach beside a historic fort from the Spanish- American War. Then, grab a net to explore marine life in the nearby seagrass beds.
- Depart for Clearwater, FL
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium This incredible facility believes in preserving both marine life and the environment while inspiring the human spirit through leadership in education, research, rescue, rehabilitation, and release. Tour this marine life rescue center, then get hands-on with a squid dissection.
- Clearwater Beach Take the opportunity to discover this beautiful Gulf Coast beach. Enjoy a stroll and a chance to discover!
- Return to Tampa
- Breakfast and hotel check-out
- Busch Gardens® Embark on an adventure to the wild side at Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay, where you will come face-to-face with more than 2,500 exotic creatures; explore the fascinating cultures of faraway lands; and experience some of the most thrilling rides in the Southeast!
- African Safari Journey through the African veldt on an open-truck tour to discover the magnificent wildlife inhabiting this 65- acre Serengeti Plain. Your professional wildlife expert will introduce you to an array of exotic species, including zebras, giraffes, and rare white rhinos.
- You'll find many opportunities to photograph these incredible animals and the breathtaking views!
- Lunch at the park
- Busch Gardens® Exhibits Explore a variety of animal interactions, thrilling coasters, and fascinating shows.
- Depart Tampa for home. Habitat: H2O can also be a 4-day/3-night itinerary by eliminating the activities on day two. *This itinerary may be modified and inclusions and airports substituted depending on your travel dates, arrival and departure times, national holidays, hours of operation, and events beyond WorldStrides’ control.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
What’s included in the cost of the program?
How do I register for my program/trip?
Can students earn academic credit from their travel programs?