- Arrive in Quito Arrive in Ecuador’s capital, Quito - nestled in a long, narrow valley between the lush base of the Pichincha Volcano and the precipitous Machángara River canyon. Begin exploring!
Price This Itinerary
We often offer seasonal and early registration pricing incentives on selected trips all over the world. Contact us today to find out the price for this itinerary.
We Can Help
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No problem. We can help you customize an option that works for you. Click on the button below to start.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Discover Quito Discover Quito this morning. Visit the Church of the Society of Jesus, an ornate Jesuit church with a colonial Baroque design and lush gilded altar. It was built using over seven tons of gold and is one of the most impressive structures in Quito. Examine the "Virgin of Quito" statue, sitting atop El Panecillo, a volcanic hill with an incredible view of the city. Stand at the place where the northern and southern hemispheres meet, and see the Equatorial Monument marking the spot.
- Explore the Market Otavalo is a town known for its textiles, an art the indigenous Otavalo Indians have been practicing for 400 years. Set in a valley surrounded by several volcanoes, explore the market to see the colorful textiles and learn about the rich history and culture of the area.
- LEAP Dance of the Tropics
- Excursion to Cotopaxi Go on a full-day excursion to Cotopaxi National Park. Enjoy splendid landscapes where llamas and wild horses roam, travel through an avenue of volcanoes, and reach Cotopaxi province to see one of the world’s highest active volcanoes.
- Continue to Baños
- Explore Baños Visit the "Gateway of the Amazon" today. Baños is famous for its hot springs and beautiful scenery.
- Discover Riobamba This afternoon, explore Riobamba, a charming city in the heart of the central highlands, at the Chambo River Valley. Visitors to Riobamba enjoy its picturesque parks, museums and 18th century churches.
- Train to Alausi Board a train to Alausi en route to Ingapirca – the wall of the Inca.
- Explore Incan Ruins ngapirca is home to the largest Incan ruins in Ecuador. The site was mainly used for ceremonial purposes. See excellent examples of Incan masonry throughout the ruins, specifically the Temple of the Sun, an elliptical building constructed to coincide with the movement of the sun.
- Explore Cuenca Spend the morning exploring the town of Cuenca. See the Old Cathedral, El Sagrario, now a museum, which was replaced by La Inmaculada Church when it could not accommodate its abundant worshipers. The new cathedral is a widely recognized city symbol because of its white and blue domes. Stroll through Calderon Park, the flower market, City Museum and the Modern Art Museum.
- Travel to Guayaquil Travel to Guayaquil, the main port and largest city in Ecuador.
- Explore Guayaquil Explore the main streets and avenues of the city, past Simon Bolivar Park, the Guayaquil embankment and La Rotonda, with the statues of Bolivar and Saint Martin. Admire the magnificent wood architecture of homes in the colonial neighborhood of Las Peñas. Take in a panoramic view of Guayaquil and the Guayas River.
- Final Goodbyes Say farewell and board your flight home to the U.S.
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Do you offer 24-hour emergency support?