The story of our democracy is written everyday by citizens – and especially by young people – who help to shape our future with their decisions. This pivotal Inauguration will be one of those seminal moments. Chris Wilson, director of the African American History Program at…Keep Reading
- Arrive in Washington, D.C. Meet your WorldStrides representative and begin your once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- White House (picture stop) Take a picture standing in front of the most recognizable symbol of the Presidency.
- Arlington National Cemetery Pay your respects to the hundreds of thousands of brave women and men who sacrificed their lives. Experience the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, view the Kennedy Gravesites, and pay your respects at the Space Shuttle Challenger Memorial.
- Iwo Jima Memorial A tribute to all U.S. Marines based on the famous WWII photo by Joe Rosenthal.
- Depart for Williamsburg
- Evening Program* *May vary depending on group's interest. Example: Storyteller—Experience 18th century African American stories while participating in a dynamic performance with costumed interpreters.
- Hotel check-in