Learn more about this program at our upcoming info session! Information session date, time and location to be determined.
To read more of our itinerary, click “Register Now” to view the registration portal.
2 days, 2 nights
- Take a walking tour of Ferrara: Take a walking tour of Ferrera, the city of art that inspired Ludovico Ariosto to write his masterpiece Orlando Furioso, and the poet Torquato Tasso, who wrote his epic poem Gerusalemme Liberata during his first visit to Ferrara. Visit the Cathedral and Schifanoia Palace that houses interesting archaeological and Renaissance exhibits.
- Enjoy a Vaporetto ride along the Grand Canal
- Embark on a tour of Venice: During your tour enjoy a stop at St. Mark’s Basilica, Doges’ Palace and Rialto Bridge, while walking the city’s narrow passageways that inspired Carlo Goldoni, the 18th century Venetian dramatist.
2 days, 2 nights
- Take a walking tour of Florence: Along the way, see the Accademia Gallery where Michelangelo’s David statue is held, the Piazza del Duomo, the Piazza della Signoria and finally Ponte Vecchio.
- Enjoy a daytrip to Certaldo and Pisa: During your daytrip you will stop in the village of Certaldo, where Giovanni Boccaccio spent the last years of his life. Visit Boccaccio’s House, the Church of San Jacopo, where he is buried, and then make your way to Pisa. In Pisa, view the Piazza del Duomo that holds the Cathedral, the Baptistery and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
2 days, 2 nights
- Take a walking tour of Rome: There is so much to see and do in Rome! The group will walk to visit the Coliseum, the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, and the Piazza Largo Argentina.
- Enjoy a visit to Vatican City: During your time in Vatican City, browse the Vatican Museums including the magnificent Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel. Continue to St. Peter’s Square and St. Peter’s Basilica. Finally, walk to the Spanish steps before winding through the narrow streets that lead to the Trevi Fountain.
3 days, 3 nights
- Visit Ancient Eleusis: Your first stop in Athens will be to visit Ancient Eleusis, the birthplace of Aeschylus, and a center for religious devotion that culminated in the Annual Eleusian Mysteries.
- Enjoy a tour of Athens: During your time in Athens, tour the Acropolis citadel and the Acropolis Museum, visit the Theater of Dionysus Eleuthereus, and stop at the Ancient Agora (or marketplace).
- Explore more of Athens: Make your way to the Naitonal Archaeological Museum, view Hadrian’s Arch, and walk around the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Watch a classic Greek tragedy: Spend an afternoon watching a classic Greek tragedy and meet with the actors. Also, participate in a mask-creating workshop.
Meet the Faculty
Dr. Freddy L. Thomas
Director of the Writing Studiofthomas@vsu.edu
Dr. Deidra Lee
Gift of Education
Looking to fundraise? Personalize a Gift of Education eCard to request contributions from friends and family. A great way to celebrate your birthday or holidays, and so much better than another ugly sweater!
Thank you for considering this global opportunity for your students, and for trusting us with the important responsibility of educating them. In addition to building their resume and their network, we believe a program like this builds essential perspective that will set them on a path to becoming more global citizens!
We have chosen WorldStrides as an educational travel partner because of their reputation for excellence in logistics, educational content, and most importantly, safety and security. Read more about WorldStrides.
Questions? Click here to see answers to commonly asked questions about WorldStrides educational travel programs for university students.