Dupre Science Pavilion - 1st Floor AtriumWhen:
September 22 2016, 4:00 pm
Learn more about this program at our upcoming info session!
To read more of our itinerary, click “Register Now” to view the registration portal.
5 days, 4 nights
- Thingvellir Park: Visit Thingvellir National Park; where long deep cracks, running from the north-east to the south west, give the landscape the appearance of a crevassed glacier. The peaks of the national park are covered by snow amongst the country’s largest lake, Lake Thingvallavatn.
- Gulfoss Waterfall: See the Gulfoss Waterfall (pictured above), perhaps the most famous place to visit in Iceland. it’s waters rush down a “staircase” and into a crevice from the wide Hvita River.
- Great Geysir: Known as the Great Geysir, see the geyser (a word derived from the Icelandic verb geysa, “to gush”) that is perhaps the first ever discovered by Europeans.
- Hverageroi: Experience the power of these accessible Hverageroi Geothermal field featuring geothermal lands and hot springs. Enjoy the clay, or the famous bread baked by the heat.
- Blue Lagoon: Relax and enjoy the world famous bright blue mineral-rich swimming pool, with geothermally heated water in the middle of a large lava field.
2 days, 2 nights
- Black Sand Beaches: Visit the unique black sand beaches of Iceland’s South Coast. Explore the caves and cliffs nearby.
- Eyjafjallojull Volcano: Meet a scientist connected with the Global Volcanism Program to learn about the latest eruption here and studies being done on the volcano
- Glaciers: Gear up and walk on a Solheimajokull glacier. Take measurements of the glaciers path and take ice samples at this accessible glacier.
- Skogafoss Waterfall: Get a 360 degree view of Seljalandsfoss waterfall as you walk behind it.
- Caving: Go underground and investigate the geological strata of Iceland.
Meet the Faculty
Dr. John Smetanka
VP of Academic Affairsjohn.email@example.com
Dr. Caryl Fish
Director of SVC's environmental science program
International Financial Assistance Program
WorldStrides is committed to making international travel accessible for students. Read about applying for financial assistance through the Foundation of International Education.
Gift of Education
Looking to fundraise? Personalize a Gift of Education eCard to request contributions from friends and family. A great way to celebrate your birthday or holidays, and so much better than another ugly sweater!
Thank you for considering this global opportunity for your students, and for trusting us with the important responsibility of educating them. In addition to building their resume and their network, we believe a program like this builds essential perspective that will set them on a path to becoming more global citizens!
We have chosen WorldStrides as an educational travel partner because of their reputation for excellence in logistics, educational content, and most importantly, safety and security. Read more about WorldStrides.
Questions? Click here to see answers to commonly asked questions about WorldStrides educational travel programs for university students.