Why Travel with Spalding’s Summer Residency?
- “I could not have asked to graduate anywhere else. This residency was wonderful in so many ways, from the events to our accommodations to our lectures to my workshop. Bravo.”
- Aimee Mackovic (Poetry/Screenwriting ’05): “I cannot recommend enough the magical experience of traveling with Spalding as an alum! Want to pop in on Sena’s lecture? Great! Want to spend three hours with other alums debating the contemporary American canon over a leisurely lunch? Fantastic! Want to spend the whole day sightseeing (or writing) by yourself then meet up with others for dinner? Excellent! It’s your trip! Traveling as part of Spalding lets you take a bit of your tribe with you, and bit of Splove.”
- “The cultural impact these journeys have on my work cannot be calculated.”
- Alice Covington (Fiction ’13): “[The trip] injected me with renewed enthusiasm for the passion of writing that binds this extraordinary community. I shall return.”
- “The sessions … spoke to me on concrete and abstract levels that will help me grow in so many ways -- as a reader, writer, teacher, friend to others. They inspired me so much!”
- Bonnie Johnson (Fiction ’04): “Age or previous travel abroad is not a factor, nor is venturing alone on the trip. We look after one another as needed, while being free to choose how one’s own time is spent.”