Learn more about this program at our upcoming info session!
To read more of our itinerary, click “Register Now” to view the registration portal.
3 days, 3 nights
- Tour Shanghai: Enjoy a day full of sightseeing including the Shanghai Museum, the Jade Buddha Temple and the Yuyuan gardens. Also, spend some free time in the Bund for lunch.
- Enjoy a group Welcome Dinner: Taste the local cuisine with a welcome dinner as a group featuring traditional Chinese dishes.
- 1 Business Visit
1 day, 1 night
- Visit the Yungang Grottoes: The Yungang Grottoes are ancient Chinese Buddhist temple grottoes that are just outside of Datong. This site shows cave-like structures and impressive sculptures for the group to view.
1 day, 1 night
- Tour the Hanging Monastery: On your way from Datong to Taiyuan, enjoy a pit stop at the Xuankong Temple – also known as the Hanging Monastery. This temple is built into a cliff and is more than 1,500 years old.
- Visit Jinci Temple and the Twin Pagoda Temple: Before heading to your next destination, the group will visit Jinci Temple, a beautiful and historic temple in Taiyuan, and the Twin Pagoda Temple (Yongzuo Temple), a temple dating back to the Ming Dynasty.
5 days, 5 nights
- 3 Business Visits
- Tour Beijing: The group will visit the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace, and Bird Nest during their time in Beijing.
- Visit a local university: Visit a local university and meet with representatives who can tell you about university life in China.
- Take an excursion the Great Wall of China: See the Juyongguan section of the great Wall of China – one of the seven wonders of the medieval world.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy: The group will meet with representatives from the U.S. Embassy and learn the processes that help with international affairs between the U.S. and China.
- Enjoy a group Farewell Dinner: Reflect on your experiences in China with a group dinner at a local restaurant.
Optional Post-Trip Extension to Xi’an
2 days, 2 nights
- Partake in a cycling tour in Xi’an: If a cycling tour doesn’t sound good enough, enjoy a cycling tour on top of the Ancient City Wall of Xi’an. This is an exciting introduction to this new city.
- Tour Xi’an: During your post-trip in Xi’an visit the Terracotta Army statues, see the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda of Xi’an and the Great Mosque of Xi’an.
- Eat another authentic group dinner: Enjoy another group dinner with your fellow peers before departing for the U.S.
Meet the Faculty
Gift of Education
Looking to fundraise? Personalize a Gift of Education eCard to request contributions from friends and family. A great way to celebrate your birthday or holidays, and so much better than another ugly sweater!
Thank you for considering this global opportunity for your students, and for trusting me with the important responsibility of educating them. In addition to building their resume and their network, I believe a program like this builds essential perspective that will set them on a path to becoming more global citizens!
I have chosen WorldStrides as an educational travel partner because of their reputation for excellence in logistics, educational content, and most importantly, safety and security. Read more about WorldStrides.
Questions? Click here to see answers to commonly asked questions about WorldStrides educational travel programs for university students.