More United States presidents were born in October than any other month—and none of them were born on the same day. Can you name all of them? Here are a few hints about each of the six:
1. He was a peanut farmer.
2. This president was the first to use a telephone while in office.
3. He received the nickname “The Gentleman Boss” for his style of dress and demeanor.
4. This president had a putting green installed on the White House lawn.
5. A boxing accident left him virtually blind in one eye.
6. This president died on the same day as Thomas Jefferson: July 4, 1826.
Check out the answers below and let us know how you did, then learn about other events that happened this week in history!
Below is a list of answers that correspond to the numbers above.
1. Jimmy Carter (October 1, 1924)
2. Rutherford B. Hayes (October 4, 1822)
3. Chester A. Arthur (October 5, 1829)
4. Dwight D. Eisenhower (October 14, 1890)
5. Theodore Roosevelt (October 27, 1858)
6. John Adams (October 30, 1735)