All of the aircraft and spacecraft on display in the National Air and Space Museum were actually flown or were used as backup vehicles. The 23 exhibits in the museum house artifacts including airplanes & spacecraft, missiles & rockets, engines, propellers, models, uniforms, instruments, and flight equipment.
- An average of almost nine million people visit this museum each year.
- The Air & Space Museum maintains the largest collection of historic air and spacecraft in the world.
- Wright Brothers’ original 1903 Flyer
- Apollo Lunar module
- Lindbergh’s Spirit of St. Louis
- Aircraft from World Wars I and II, and Vietnam
- The moon rock near the entrance of the museum