Students experience the challenges of animal research and protection at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- On a safari ride, students climb aboard an open-sided safari vehicle for an exciting expedition that comes as close to an authentic African expedition as you can get without flying to Africa.
- The Course Leader highlights the relationship between animals and their environment when watching giraffes, gazelles, elephants, rhinos, and lions roam freely through acres of savannah, rivers, and rocky hills.
Did you know?
- A giraffe’s sticky, black tongue can be more than 18 inches long.
- The elephant’s closest relative is the hyrax, which is found in the Middle East and Africa. However unlike the elephant, the hyrax is only about one foot long.
- The rarest rainforest animal is the golden lion tamarin. With their natural territories being destroyed for plantations, there are less than 250 tamarins left in the world and they may soon be extinct.