Students travel through time and space within this world-renowned 180-foot-tall geosphere to discover how the evolution of communication has changed our lives. They experience the milestones in communications that are vital to man’s survival, from Cro-Magnon cave paintings to electronic space communications.
- Students understand the impact of significant events in communications- from social to technological changes in our society.
- Dazzling scenes of life in the 21 st century’s Global Neighborhood depict every corner of our world drawn closer through new technologies.
Did you know?
- The outer skin of Spaceship Earth is made of 11,324 aluminum and plastic triangles.
- Rainwater never falls off the Spaceship Earth sphere – it is absorbed into the ball.
- There are more than 200 satellites orbiting Earth solely for the purpose of private communication services, including pagers, telephones, and computers.