Download a larger image of this statue in Barcelona’s Olympic Village. Share the photo with your class, then try these discussion questions and activities:
- This statue is part of the Olympic Village in Barcelona, Spain. Visit the Olympic website to investigate. Make a map showing other locations where the Olympics have been held. Other topics to consider:
- What sports have been added to the Olympics?
- Who has won the most medals – which athlete? Which country?
- Which sport do you consider the hardest? Research it and present an argument to prove your point of view.
- You are tasked with designing a statue garden for statues of yourself and two other people…
- Of whom will you make statues?
- What poses will you choose?
- Will there be color?
- Draw your design. Give a title to each statue and write a description of each.