The United States Air Force Memorial honors the service and sacrifices of the men and women of the United States Air Force. The Memorial is located in Arlington, Virginia, overlooking the Pentagon and is adjacent to Arlington Cemetery.
- The three spires of the Memorial represent:
- The three core values of the Air Force: integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all that is done
- The precision “bomb burst” maneuver performed by the United States Air Force Thunderbird Demonstration Team
- The Air Force’s total force: active, guard and reserve
- More than 54,000 airmen have died in combat while serving in the Air Force (the second highest of America’s four armed services).
- There are currently 595,000 Americans serving in the United States Air Force.